It’s a New Year, It’s a New Dawn and I am feeling good! Happy New Year, to all the crazy cats out there! Hope you had a good one. 2010 was a great year, and just as the year was ending a close friend of mine sent me a link to a website about Narcissism. Now this friend: for the benifit of the post, I will call her Suzanna….Suzanna normally sends loads of links to delightlful articles about life, love, careers etc. I am an individual who likes to explore new concepts…..which of course helps me with my job and career as an Actress.
Anway I received an email from Suzanna about Narcissism:
- An exaggerated sense of one’s own abilities and achievements. – Most Actors believe they are the best Actors in the world……however I know my limits and boundaries, so I can honelsy say that this does not apply to me.
- A constant need for attention, affirmation, and praise. – Okay I am not gonna lie, it is good to feel praise and attention, however I do believe that I am someone who doesn’t need someone to validate what I do.
- Persistent fantasies about attaining success and power. – Well if you bought the book : The Secret, than your just as guilty of this.
- Exploiting other people for personal gain. – This is not my style!
- A sense of entitlement and expectation of special treatment. – Every Actress, Every Women should feel special and be treated in an appropiate manner…PERIOD!
- A lack of empathy for others. – It would be appaling if any individual lacks empathy, especially an Actor!
- But wait……surely if you are a performer you do have an unheathly amount of vanity, ego, self love and self belief…..right?